- If you're in CP 2, you're reading "And of Clay Are We Created" by Isabelle Allende.
- If you're in CP 6, you're reading "Good Country People" by Flannery O'Connor.
We'll be reading these stories in in class, over two class periods. You have a Reader's notebook entry due, responding to your story.
- CP 2 should respond to this prompt: "What is the narrator's relationship to Rolf? What is effective about Allende's choice to narrate the story from this point of view? Why choose this narrator over Rolf, or a more straightforward omniscient narrator?" Due Wed. 3/10.
- CP 6 should respond to this prompt: "How does Flannery O'Connor develop Hulga's characterization? Look for techniques like explicit comment from the narrator, described action, the actions of other characters, and dialogue. Use specific examples from the text. Why do you think O'Connor chose to use the techniques that she did for this story?" Due Tue. 3/9
After we've read the story in class, you'll have an in-class essay, based on the lesson objectives from the previous days.
- CP 2 has an in-class essay on Fri. 3/12.
- CP 6 has an in-class essay on Wed. 3/10.