- It is the speaker of a poem (not the narrator) who “speaks” the lines; it is also not the poet or the poem who speaks.
- Indicate line breaks / with a slash. Indicate stanza breaks // with two slashes.
- Always use author's last name when referring to poet.
Format of Paper
- Go to File, then Page Set-up and change all margins (top, bottom, right and left) to 1 inch.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12pt.
- Left Justified, 2bl spaced.
- No space between paragraphs, use the tab button.
- Go to Insert, then Page Numbers and add page numbers to the top right (except for first page). Then add your last name next to the page number.