Here are the class notes we developed and you asked me to post:
Objective: Read and comprehend Ibsen's A Doll's House and use textual evidence to explain how characterization is created in literature and film through the techniques of authors, actors, and directors in a formal essay.
Should state which movie clip presents the best version of either Nora or Torvald and explain why.
· You may only focus on the movie which is best.
· A sophisticated thesis will explain how characterization is created through author, actor, and director’s techniques.
Should each focus on a specific topic which helps prove your thesis.
· Provide context and “integrate evidence from the play”(37).
· Explain how author creates characterization with evidence.
· Explain why the movie version you picked represents this well.
· Give specific evidence (description) from the movie.
· Explain effect(s) of what you see actor doing, or techniques of the director.
Remember your essay is due Wednesday.