Assignment: Due Monday after break, April 28th:
1. a paragraph that explains your thesis--(this will probably be reworked.)
2. at least 50 Research Cards of information. You will need at least 25 primary source cards & 25 secondary source cards.
Here's what should be on the (Research Cards WHITE):
- Topic of information (painting referred to if appropriate)
- “Passage quoted directly” or paraphrased in your own words.
- Include page number.
- The number of the citation card for which the info refers to.
- Your notes on significance, thoughts, etc.
3. You will also need 15 (Citation Cards YELLOW): –
Here's what should be on the (Citation Cards YELLOW): Do this every time you reference a book or website, copy down proper citation information. Even if it does not end up in Works cited, you will put in Works Consulted.
- Proper citation information (See MLA Citation Guide) with a number next to information. This way, you will not have to waste time citing information every time you make a note card. Just write down the number of the citation. Make sure you get info right!
- A brief summary--3-7 sentences summarizing the content of the source.